Festival Rules & Ts&Cs
FILM RULES and Ts&CS
Please read the rules carefully as we can offer no refunds to people who enter Bute Street Festival and are disqualified because of the rules below.
1. To be considered for the Bute Street Film Festival, the filmmaker must upload your film via FilmFreeway.
2. Digital marketing materials should be made available to be used for our marketing purposes.
3. Entries must be in English or with English subtitles.
4. Film-makers must include a brief synopsis of the film in no more than 150 words (this can be done within FilmFreeway either as a synopsis or as an additional attachment.
5. Provide at least one high resolution image (1920 x 1080 or higher) and/or a maximum of three high resolution images for the use of Bute Street Film Festival promotional brochures or publicity.
6. All entries must obtain the appropriate copyright clearances (i.e. music, images, etc). Failure to do so will result in the entry being disqualified from the competition if we discover you have not sought clearance.
7. Shortlisted entries will be screened/demonstrated during the Festival programme.
8. Winners will be presented with their awards during the BSFF Awards Ceremony, which will take place at the festival. There will be no prior notification of winners.
9. If you are entering work that contains music into any category at Bute Street Film Festival and you are represented by PRS / MCPS or any other similar royalties / licencing organisations then you must notify us. By entering your short film to Bute Street Film Festival you (or the artists who own the music and/or their representatives (such as PRS/MCPS) are waiving your/their rights to claim royalties on the music from any monies generated by Bute Street Film Festival
10. The selection and scheduling of all films screened at BSFF is entirely at the discretion of the Festival Director and the Judging Panel.
11. No correspondence will be entered into with film-makers trying to enter the festival by bypassing the FilmFreeway entry fee. The judges decision is final and anyone attempting to bypass normal entry procedures will be disqualified.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions carefully as we can offer no refunds to people who enter Bute Street Film Festival and are disqualified because of the terms and conditions below.
I authorise Bute Street Film Festival to exhibit my film if selected. I confirm that an exhibition copy will be made available in a required format for screening during the 2020 festival.
I certify that I hold all necessary rights for the submission of this film/video to Bute Street Film Festival and that all rights and clearances have been made. This film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
By Agreeing to these Rules and Terms, I transfer to the Bute Street Film Festival the right to use excerpts of the submitted film, its stills, and trailers, for the purposes of publicity and marketing of the film at the 2020 festival, and for other non-commercial uses related to the promotion of the Bute Street Film Festival.
I also acknowledge that the film submission fee does not guarantee acceptance and no refund will be provided if my film is not selected.
Upon acceptance, Bute Street Film Festival will ask for my film:
1) DCP preferred
2) 1920x1080 digital file (PAL) Pro Res, Quicktime, MP4, AVI, H264 or higher quality.
3) or DVD (if requested).
If the filmmaker does not comply with the deadline to receive the film, the film can be pulled from the festival lineup.
ART RULES and Ts&CS
1) To be considered for the Bute Street Art Festival, you must submit images of the art pieces that you would like to showcase to FilmFreeway.
2) A description of your art pieces must be included as well as their measurements and preferred way for them to be displayed.
3) A short description of yourself and your artistic inspiration must also be sent to us.
4)The final choice on which artist will showcase at the festival lies solely with the festival and the decision will be final.
5) The decision on which pieces from selected artists will be showcased and how they will be showcased lies solely with the festival.
6) All art pieces from chosen artists must be made available to the festival when requested or you will risk being taken out of the programme.
7) All collaborated pieces must receive permission from all artists involved, Bute Street Art Festival will be held blameless if the appropriate permissions have not been sort.
8) If your work requires insurance then it is your sole responsibility to make sure that it is in place, Bute Street Art Festival has no responsibility towards insuring your art.
9) If you make any sales at the festival Bute Street Art Festival will take a 5% commission of all sales.
MUSIC RULES and Ts&CS
1) To be considered for the Bute Street's Music category you must submit your video/audio file to FilmFreeway
2) A short description of yourself and your artistic inspiration must also be sent to us.
3)The final choice on which artist will showcase at the festival lies solely with the festival and the decision will be final.
4) The decision on which pieces from selected artists will be showcased and how they will be showcased lies solely with the festival.
5) All collaborated pieces must receive permission from all artists involved, Bute Street Film Festival will be held blameless if the appropriate permissions have not been sort.
Short script RULES and Ts&CS
1) To be considered for selection scripts must be submitted via Filmfreeway.
2) Only short screenplays will be considered for selection. Meaning that your script can be no longer than 20 pages in length.
3) Scripts must be submitted in a standardised industry standard format.
4) A synopsis must be submitted alongside the full script.
5) Please make sure that you’re completely happy with the version of your script that you submit as any updates submitted will be considered as a separate submission.
6) The decision on which scripts and how many are selected lies solely with the festival.